Saturday, May 19, 2012

First Month Treatment

On 20 April 12, Papa started on Glivec at 400 mg daily. Dr warned us of the adversed side effects - edema (water retention) because of his weak kidneys and heart problem and perforation of the GI which can be fatal. Papa complained about a nagging pain under his left armpit ribs. Dr suspected bone pain - from the met tumors. Seen on the PET scan report, he had several mets - on the spine, liver and left arm and left perotid node. It is scary.
3 weeks later, he was well enough to meet his friends for coffee. He had sight edema, feeling fatique and cold (flu) symptoms - stuffy nose, watering eyes, cough and bodyache. I am not sure if they were side effects or the cancer symptoms.

This week's Physical Condition
I am paranoid of every little complain and condition he has. He has night cough and had just passed a remark about a irritating throat. I also noticed ( i think) a little node on the left side of his jaw. I am afraid the the cancer has spread to the lung and esophagus.

I googled alot these days to get information. But the more informed I get, the more worry I am. Ecclesiastes 12:12 "... much study is a weariness of the flesh."

No comments: