Friday, September 7, 2007

On 16 Aug 06, Dr P told us that she only has 10 % chance of recovery during family conference. I cried. Mama was experiencing great pain the night before. Aunt Ling and uncle chong were at the ward with her over night.

Mama had oral chemo from 15 Aug 06 to 22 Aug 06. Dr P decided to give the last shot and give her a strong drug through IV when the oral chemo did not work.

On 21 Aug, Dr P witnessed to Papa at his ward (papa was warded for heart / hypertension on 18 Aug) and mama at hers. He gave her a Billy Graham book. I saw mama signature on the sinner prayer. The next day, Dr Poon told Wai that mama might only have 1week left.

The IV chemo started on 23nd Aug. On 25 Aug, mama had headache and she told me that she woke up with a strange feeling. She said she scolded the nurse for the 'mess' they had created.
Dr P suspected that she had brain bleeding. I went to mama, pull the curtain and cried. I told her to call upon Jesus. First she said, ' for you, i'll do it" But I told her no, not for me. She agreed and said let's pray. She turned to papa and said,"I am going to become a christian." Papa said "ok, as you wish". We prayed the sinner prayer.

I asked mama if her still want to buddhist bead on her. She took it off.

No comments: