Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Filling Up the Spaces

First, let me wish you a blessed 2008 ahead!

My brother and I embarked to give the house a fresh coat of paint. We realised that the finishings in the house are getting old, dirty and worn out. Mind you, we are staying in a relatively new flat, not more than 8 years. But it has deteriorated since mama was ill. I had posted before that the HOUSEkeeping at times seems so overwhelming. Thank God that brother sugguested, "Let's paint the house." As ever, I asked the same question, "Sure or not?"

I choose the colours and he brought the paint. I am a not a risk taker, so the colour are safe colours, off-white and lime green. Brother did most of the painting work. Me? I did the touching up and supervising. Oh no no, don't you despise my effort ;o)

When I was painting (or supervising) this thought came to me. Will we take up this responsibility if mama is still around? It was mama's "job", of course, not that we will leave all the works to mama but she will be the initiator, co-ordinator, supervisor and worker too.

Little by little, we are filling up the empty spaces left behind.

No comments: