Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mama's Wedding Ring


I am so happy, I found mama's wedding ring in the side cupboard beside papa's bed. I have been looking high and low for it for a few months now. I combed throught the places mama keeps ( it is difficult to use past tense on mama) her things. I practically left no stone unturned.
Mama took off the ring when she was going through radiotherapy. She must have wanted to keep it in a safe place. So safe that it took me a while to find it.
This ring was on mama's finger as long as I can remember. I remembered feeling it when holding mama's hand when I was little and also asking her what does the engraved initiate "L.Y.S." on the inside of the ring means.
If only my finger fit the ring, I would have it on as long as I can, just like mama.




No comments: