Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Will to Live

Mama is also one lady who never say die.
When I knew that mama's prognosis was poor, it was just a matter of weeks, 7 weeks was what the doctor predicted. I was heart broken. On one hand I wanted to tell her the straight truth, on the other, I just could not get myself break the cruel news. I could only hint.
One day, I asked Mama, "Ma, do you think that you will get well ?"
Mama replied, "yes, but it will take time."
I said, "Ma, it is ok whether or not you will be cured. We will be very gald if you are cured, but if not, there is nothing to loose because you will be in Heaven."
Mama nodded.
I came across some very encouraging cancer survivors blog snowcloud.moblog.com.sg and wearewonderwomen.com. These ladies are full of life despite of their cancer. I salute them!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Hi littleFaith,

Thank you for adding a link to WeAreWonderWomen.Com and helping to spread cancer awareness to more women. =)

Through your blog, you've made me see and understand the emotional turmoils caused by cancer for caregivers/loved ones.

Caregivers/loved ones are a special group of people who need mental support, just as much as cancer patients. They are also "cancer survivors" because they have supported and accompanied the cancer patient in every chapter of his/her cancer journey. It is not easy at all.

I'm moved by your blog which you shared about your love for your mum. GOD will certainly let the two of you reunite in heaven one day. =)

Thank GOD that I found your blog. Take care ya.

Cheers & regards,
Molly
WeAreWonderWomen.Com

littleFaith said...

Hi Molly,
You are most welcome.
I started this blog because I wanted to record some dearest and devasting experiences I had. I do not want to 'loose' the those last days (on earth) I had with mom.
I hope this blog will not be just me, me and me but may it be a blog that relates to some.
love,
littleFaith ;)